GSA South/Lilburn - Junior Academy
GSA South offers a Junior Academy soccer program for both boys and girls, ages 6 and 7 years old. We recognize that there are many talented and enthusiastic players looking for a more focused environment in which to grow their skills. The objective of this program is to provide your children with a more advanced and comprehensive training experience with a focus on individual skills and small group play. This program is an excellent introduction to club soccer and acts as a stepping-stone to the Academy program.
Jr Academy participants practice together in a pool system, players will be split into balanced teams for games. Each team will have a professional coach during practice and games. Each player wears a modified academy uniform; details provided at tryouts.
Tryouts for the coming seasonal year are held each year in late May. Detail about the tryout process, including dates and time will be available on our website in early May.
Players interested in this program are evaluated for basic soccer knowledge, skills, motivation.
U7 Junior Academy (Girls only)
- U-7 Jr. Academy teams will practice for one hour and 15 min twice a week
- Games will be played on Saturdays
- Game format and level will be determined on a seasonal basis to best provide a challenging experience.
U8 Junior Academy (Girls and Boys)
- U-8 Jr. Academy teams will practice for one hour and 15 minutes, twice a week
- Games will be played on Saturdays and some Sundays
- Game format and level will be determined on a seasonal basis to best provide a challenging experience. U8 Junior Academy teams may play other local club teams.
- While all U-8 Jr. Academy participants will practice together, players will be split into appropriate skill levels
- Tournaments are an extra cost around $30 per tournament